Sunday evening my Mom came home (to my house), picked K & I up and we ran out to Target & Home Depot. One of our purchases was 12 large plastic totes complete with lids. Very dangerous lids as it turned out.
My Mom was lifting the bins with the lids in them, when the 12 lids all shifted and fell hitting the bridge of her nose. Now at first I was worried because I knew she was in a good amount of pain. She sucked it up though and toughed it out.
Until we got home. She decided during dinner it was time to ice the nose.
After dinner she was checking herself out in the mirror. She had some black under her eye but I told her it was just mascara. Well, she wiped it all off and still had some black under her eye. So we started to look closer.
Under her left eye it's fairly swollen. And notice the dark circle under her eye? It wasn't there before she started fighting plastic tote lids. And her right eye? See that nice purple line on the inside corner of her eye at the bridge of her nose? Yep - it's a pretty bruise. And the dark circle under that eye - also not there prior to the lid incident.
So my poor Mom comes down to CA to help my sister out, and leaves with a busted nose and two black eyes.
Did I mention that when she was walking in the door she tripped over the baby gate & stubbed her toes? And she whacked her hand on the bathroom door. All in the same night.
I sure hope she comes to visit again.
ps. Just because I can (because it IS my blog), I'm going to post a full faced pic of my Mom. Isn't she pretty - busted up face & all! I love you Mom!!

5 comments:
Poor MOMMA!!!
She's gawgeous, tho - and hey - if you're going to break your nose, Target's the place to do it. She may own Target if she plays her cards right ;)
Oh no...poor Gramma! Stop with the torture already :P
She's so cute! Now I see where you get your good looks ;)
OMG! POOR MOMMY!!!!!
She is so pretty - I see where you get your looks from! :)
Hope she wants to come back and visit again! I am guessing she may opt out of another Target trip though?
And honestly...the bruises and such are BARELY noticeable!
I hae an idea on the purple.....EYE SHADOW!!! She can get purple and just add it to the brusing area..
Love her no matter what.
Aunt Sandy (sister to the purple eyed women!)
Thanks to everyone for all the sympathy. I've decided that it's not really broken, just bruised.
And now I've developed a cold, which makes blowing my poor nose pretty uncomfortable.
Maybe I should just stay safe up here in Idaho!
Just me in ID
Post a Comment