We had a very low key day and evening. Kaylee went to bed at her usual time, and Adam & I stayed up to watch the ball drop in New York.
I decided yesterday afternoon that a Prime Rib would be a great dinner for us to have, and a exciting adventure for me in the kitchen.
All in all, the dinner turned out fantastic. Cooking the meat was so much easier than I thought it would be, and I even timed it right so the baked potatoes and green beans were done at the right time. The only downer was that my yorkshire pudding didn't come out. Totally my fault because I didn't follow the recipe directly. Oh well. It was a wonderful dinner. And we have enough leftovers for some French Dip sandwiches for lunch tomorrow!
Cooking away...

The finished product:
My dinner plate!
Not too shabby huh! I was pretty proud of myself, even with the failed yorkshire pudding.
And just for fun I have a few random photos I pulled off my phone. Enjoy!
Kaylee's first pigtails.

Bad Hair day.

I have no idea what this was about. But the driver was wearing a Santa hat.

4 comments:
What? You don't always see flying pigs on the back of trucks?
Love the pigtails and you did a good job cooking dinner! Yum!
That prime rib looks yummy! And K is so cute in her pigtails...
Cooking? Who are you and what did you do w/ Val?
:)
Great Hair, Kaylee!!
Happy New Year!!
Hey thats me in the pigtail pic! That was such a fun day!! So glad you girlies joined us!
Post a Comment