Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Hair Cut

We decided that it was time for Kaylee to get her bangs trimmed. I was tired of her hair always being in her eyes, and she won't let me keep a hair clip in, so a little trim was necessary.

So we (I) decided that it would be neat for Kaylee to have her first hair cut at the same salon that my first hair cut was. Luckily it's only a 20 minute drive, so we headed over there this morning.

Kaylee did pretty well. I was distracted enough by taking pictures that I didn't get sad until after the cut was over. By the end of the cut Kaylee had enough, but she toughed it out.

Now that the cut is over, I am disappointed. I told the lady I wanted her bangs to be the same style, just shorter. Apparently she didn't understand that I didn't want her to chop K's bangs straight across, but that's exactly what she did. So now we have to wait for her bangs to grow out enough for them to get fixed. But like our friend Beka said, it's just the first of many bad cuts she will get!

Getting Ready:



The First Cut:


I don't like it Mom!!!


The final product :

I was trying to tell her it wasn't that bad. I lied. :p

4 comments:

MommaKiss said...

Hey - fun shot w/ you and the camera!

Lying to your kid already. Bad Momma.

I think it's cute - and her hair will grow fast.

Momma Ski said...

So sorry your not happy. :( But I agree....it will be the first of many bad cuts. They will grow out in no time.

Denise said...

It REALLY isn't that bad! It will grow and it will probably grow so fast! :)

LOVE the pics!

Unknown said...

I like her bangs and you had to take her there....we both did (and so did Seth) and were alive to tell the story!!! She looks fine !