Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

My birthday is tomorrow (well, actually in about 2 hours!) and we celebrated last night with a bunch of friends and some family. We all had a great time, and we didn't have to worry about being too loud for the neighbors because both of them were over!!

Becky & JeffMe & BeckyA beautiful sunset for my party!

Me, Amy & Patty

Kaylee was a trooper - she loved the attention and her friend Cam came over for a few hours so she was excited to have someone to play with. We discovered that Guitar Hero is like crack for toddlers!! They couldn't keep their eyes off the tv when we were playing!

Kaylee (she climbed up into the chair by herself and was reading alone when I came into her room).
Kaylee cheesin' it up for the camera.

Kaylee, Cam & Ali enjoying some Guitar Hero!


We had some BBQ, yummy cake, Guitar Hero playoffs, Beer Pong and even a little impromptu singing and dancing from yours truly. All in all a good night!

Beer Pong - this takes much concentration


Becky & Jeff - This is what Victory looks like!


Erik & Denise
Adam playing Guitar Hero (notice the baby monitor on the hip).

Jeff telling us how it is
Andrew & Denise
And the cake... So Adam surprised me with a yummy cake from a local bakery instead of the big Costco cake we usually get. And the bakery surprised all of us because instead of saying "Happy 30th Birthday Val", my cake showed up saying "Happy 31st Birthday Val". 31? I just skipped 30 altogether?! Pretty funny, and it caused a lot of laughter all night long!


It was such a great night, and I was so happy to have so many people around me whom I love! Kaylee went to bed around 8:00 and somehow slept through all of our noise. And she was such a good girl this morning and let me sleep until 9:00AM!!! YAY!

4 comments:

MommaKiss said...

It's your birfday, aw yeah. Gonna pahty like it's your birfday!

YAY! Happy 31st!!!! :p

Great pics, and love the baby monitor.

Anonymous said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing.Don't you love it when they let you sleep in!!!!
Aunt Sandy

Trina said...

WAH!!!! I'm sad I'm not in any of your pictures! I was there...really I was! And it was really fun yay!!!

FFS said...

You were there! I got tired & quit uploading pics! I'm sorry!!! :)